Saturday, June 09, 2007

DaCapo

A long car trip south over spring break into northern California with C's parents to see C's great-uncle provided the opportunity to finish this:
I've been hoping to take a more flattering front shot, but here goes:
To get a better idea of how the flaps fold, look here. The shaping of this sweater is just brilliant. The only seams to sew up were the underarm seams. The wool was wonderful to work with, and the colors are more vivid than these washed-out photos reveal. Plus, I have enough wool leftover for a hat, or maybe mittens. And while we've had warmer than usual weather lately, I was able to wear it a few times before having to fold it aside, ready for next fall. I will definitely knit another Falkenberg kit; maybe this one? Or this? Too many choices.

Although, after seeing the Yarn Harlot's upcoming project, I'm drooling over this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen - your knitting is so wonderful! I'm sorry we won't be able to catch up at Camp this summer; I'll be at 2.75. Have a great time, and Knit On!

Unknown said...

Jen that is a lovely jacket. I love your stuff. I am trying to get you on my bloglines and it won't let me. Your work is simply beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm just sorry I have to wait until fall to see it in person. You make me want to knit a Falkenberg kit, too, although if I had to do it on size 2's it would never be finished...

Have a great time in Maine if I don't talk to you before you leave!

fiberfanatic said...

Wonderful! I'm leaning to purchasing a Plisse for myself, just because!