Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Woolly Christmas

My sister needed a new stocking for Christmas so I whipped up on large needles a long-favorited pattern of mine, the old Heart Crook which can be found in Anna Zilboorg's books Fancy Feet & Simply Socks: 45 Traditional Turkish Patterns to Knit. Given my sis's love of the Spanish language and Latin & South America, I tried to use bright colors although I kept to red & green for the braided cast-on and toe. The heel came out a bit big, but I figure all the better for holding extra loot!


I received several woolly gifts, two being a coin bank which is a hoot:


and a sticker for my laptop cover:


which can be found here. There are some really cool stickers out there, my favorites including the ones that incorporate the Apple logo such as this one.

And just for fun: hedgehog mittens (check out the sushi scarf while there), reflective woolen garments, and my favorite biscotti recipe.

No comments: